BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Vegan Quesadillas




For those of you who don't know me, I have a confession.  I am horribly lazy.  I like to spin this as being stubborn or preferring simplicity, but the truth is, I am downright lazy.  If there's an easy way, I'll take it.

I live my life by the Milan Kundera quote:

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."


Why should I bother making a huge elaborate meal when I can get the same satisfaction from a simple thing like a queso-less quesadilla?

So, here it is, folks...my laziness manifested into a dinner.  You can justify making this by saying that you're too busy or prefer the simple life, but let's face it.  Sometimes it's okay to be lazy.


No-Queso-Dillas:

1 Tortilla
Handful of vegan cheese or chipotle hummus
Carmelized onions
Cilantro
Lightly fried mushrooms
Spinach


Toppings:

Guacamole
Salsa
Green Onions
Tomatoes
Vegan Sour Cream


Take a tortilla,  fold it in half, stuff it with awesome toppings.  Spray a pan with some oil, heat up the pan, cook the tortilla until golden brown and the cheese is melted.  Top with some awesome toppings.  Stuff your face.


3 comments:

  1. It's awesome when being lazy results in something so lovely & colorful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your lazy dinner sure looks good. I would have it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quesadillas are a standard menu item at my house. Everyone loves them and they're wicked versatile. No plan needed, just throw in whatever you have on hand!

    ReplyDelete