BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday Brewsday


Anderson Valley Brewing Company-
Fall Hornin'

While it was 90 degrees out yesterday, September 1st means that it's fall.  Sorry, calendar and weather.  It's just how it goes.

You can't enjoy fall without pumpkin flavored things, especially pumpkin flavored beer.  It's pretty much a fact.  I am trying to steer clear of themes for Vegan MoFo, but Tuesday Brewsday seems like a good excuse to drink a beer every Tuesday and review it.  Sounds good to me!
For those of you who don't know, beer, wine, and liquor aren't always vegan friendly.  A great resource to make sure that you're consuming compassionately is Barnivore.  Anderson Valley Brewing Company beers contain no animal products, so I can party with a clear conscious.  As I popped this baby open, I was immediately hit with a smell of spices.  It had a strong smell of utmeg, cinnamon, and your typical pumpkin pie spices which made me super excited for fall.  The beer really tasted like pumpkin, and it was a great balance of pumpkin and spices.  Some pumpkin beers are too spicy and don't have a strong taste of pumpkin to bring it back and balance it.  This one did, though.

The beer was really good, but I had trouble finishing it.  It was almost too heavy for me.  It should be noted that I'm not a huge beer drinker, and my downfall is that mid-way through, my sweet tooth isn't happy, and I wish my pumpkin beer would become liquid pumpkin pie.  As far as pumpkin beers go, this was really, really good!  I really recommend it.  Check out more about this beer at Anderson Valley Brewing Company's website!


Kai reminds you to please drink responsibly!



2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, pumpkin! I don't drink, but if I did, this sounds like one I'd enjoy! Also, what an adorable photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love good beer and love a good pumpkin beer! Will definitely try this one. Thanks! Chuck - another Vegan MOFO er over at BrandNewVegan.

    ReplyDelete