BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Saturday, September 13, 2014

vegan cupcakes!


I love vegan cook books, but the book that I love the most is Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  Not only is everything delicious, but the recipes are fairly simple.

I've found that vegan cupcakes are the easiest way to get people into veganism.  Anytime I bring them to a potluck or party, they're always a hit, and they receive the same reaction, "THESE ARE VEGAN?  ARE YOU SURE?!"  

I've completely altered people's perception of veganism and vegan food with these little guys.  Last night was no exception.  I made them for my birthday party, and everyone could not believe that they were vegan.  My one friend was so shocked.  He started asking about everything, if the chips were vegan, if the pizza crust (I made pizza, too, for everyone) was vegan, and the cheese?  The salsa?  It's like up until that point he only assumed vegan food was bland and disgusting.  Even at the end of the party, he told me that he worried about eating dinner at my house and worried about me not being able to enjoy food, but I've totally convinced him that vegan food is delicious!

But yeah, sorry for the break in posts.  I had a great birthday, full of food, friends, my dog, and good times. <3

This week, I'm going to have a theme (I swore I wouldn't, but siggggh) of snacks!  Introducing people to vegan cupcakes always makes me realize that people think vegans only eat salad and healthy foods.  Joke's on them.  I'm the biggest junk food eater ever.  So, next week, all of my posts are going to feature different vegan snacks.

What are your favorite healthy and not-so-healthy snacks?  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story about showing your friend how delicious vegan food can be! And yay for vegan junk food! :D My favorite healthy snacks would be fruits (mainly apples and bananas), nuts, and carrots and other veggies (dipped in hummus). Favorite not-so-healthy snacks would be pretzels, chips, baked goods, oh and of course ice cream! :D

    ReplyDelete