BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Monday, September 15, 2014

snacks, snacks, snacks!


This is more of a dessert, but it's so rich that there's no way that it could come after a dinner!

Behold!  The glorious peanut butter cup pie!  My husband loves peanut butter and chocolate together, so this is right up his alley.  I mentioned in the last post that I get kind of overwhelmed whenever I'm trying something new or using kind of weird ingredients.  This pie was inconceivable for me.  Mousse...out of coconut cream?  Add in silken tofu?!  Blasphemy.

I can't take all of the credit for this one.  The great folks at Minimalist Baker beat me to it.  I did, however, swap out the ganache for a nice chocolate mousse*.  I wanted it to be light and fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth-y.  Mission accomplished.  Thank goodness this is so rich because otherwise, I could probably eat the whole pie!  

Definitely make this recipe! :)  It was a great snack!

*I also didn't come up with the mousse recipe.  I googled it.  I was feeling lazy and just wanted my pie ASAP!  Also, I was terrified because I've never made mousse in my life before...let alone with silken tofu and stuff like that.


1 comment: