BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'm a sucker for packaging



Can we talk about how clever marketing and branding is?  I see so many snacks with great packaging, and just buy it!  My husband says that I'm a marketer's dream because I'm easily lured and tempted with well designed stuff.

Seriously though, look at how cute this tiny pouch of chocolate peanut butter is!!!  The colors, the little leaf tendril, the font...but let's focus on the face that it's called "wild friends."  Oh, also the adorable freaking winking woodland creature.  I knew that I was doomed as soon as I saw this.  The peanut butter jars are pretty expensive.  I think they cost like $8 for a tiny jar, and I hate being roped in and spending that much only to find out that I don't like the actual product (only the overpriced packaging).

This one, however, was a "snack" size, and perfect for sampling!  It was also awesome because I could easily pack this for a snack on the go (or, how I eat all my meals/snacks).


I decided to put it on a piece of toast with a banana because peanut butter, even chocolate peanut butter, is made for bananas.  It's common sense.

This was perfect and delicious!  Sometimes "natural" peanut butters can be too dry or too oily, but this was a great blend.  It wasn't overpoweringly chocolate-y either.  It also didn't have that sugary cheap peanut butter taste (I'm super picky about peanut butter).

While it has the best packaging ever, the product actually lived up to the hype.  I think that I'm going to try the other flavors or at least opt for the larger jar because I was tempted to lick the inside of the foil package (I didn't).

Also, checking wild friends' website, they offer shirts with that adorable little creature on them.  Smart move!  I might have to buy one.


1 comment:

  1. I can also be tempted by nice packaging, or buy the word vegan on a packaging! That peanut butter sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete