BLOG            ABOUT ME            CONTACT

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Earth Balance Mac & Cheese



This isn't really a "snack," but what can you do?  It wasn't really a meal either.  I was so excited to see the Earth Balance box mac & cheese on sale at Whole Foods, and I knew that I had to try it!

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed.  It was super salty, and other than that, didn't have much flavor.  I added some Daiya on top though, and that make it so much better!  Honestly, my mom used to make amazing homemade mac and cheese, so I have high expectations.  I don't think I ever really liked the box kind, vegan or not.

That being said, it's GREAT that we're getting options like this!  Not to mention, I think that this would be a good base for a meal, maybe.  Add in some veggies or tofu, and you'd have an easy and quick meal.

I'm going to try the cheddar mac and let you know how that goes.



Tonight, Dustin and I went grocery shopping, so we wanted quick and easy meals.  We decided to eat this amazing vegan pizza!

It's so weird how many vegan options there are anymore.  It might just be living in the city, but I'm always astounded at all of the vegan options popping up in the grocery stores!

1 comment:

  1. Everything's better with a little bit of Daiya on it. ;)

    I've never had boxed mac & cheese (allergic to milk), so I'm excited to try this, even if just for the novelty factor. If my veganmofo feed is any indication, I'm pretty much the last vegan to get on the EB train.

    ReplyDelete